Republicans continue to punish those that are suffering as a result of their economic stagnation efforts.
‘Who receives food stamps — what you need to know’.
‘According to the University of Kentucky study’,
- ’28 percent of food stamp households are headed by a person with at least some college education’.
‘In 1980 that number was eight percent’.
- ‘Households receiving food stamps are headed by someone with a four-year degree in seven percent of cases’,
‘up from three percent’.
- ‘Households headed by a high school graduate cover 37 percent of food stamp recipients’,
‘up from 28 percent’.
- ‘From 2000 to 2011, stagnant wages accounted for 13 percent of the increase in food stamp enrollment’.
‘Those employed either full or part-time, in year round jobs, saw the largest growth in food stamp recipients since 1980’.
- ‘Seventeen percent of full-time workers, and seven percent of part-time workers, now receive food stamps’.
- ‘The number of food stamp households headed by an unemployed person has remained fairly constant, at about…
View original post 168 more words